Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It Takes Time

Things are starting to move forward on the communication front with my online matches.
The minimal communicator finally fessed up to being newbie at online dating and asked me what I thought of my experience on eHarmony. I said it wasn't great and most of the matches I would never date and I guessed about the types he'd been placed with. He wrote back right away and complimented me on my advice and insight that was unusual for my age. The rest of his message was nice and I think we've made a breakthrough with real communication. I still don't think we're going to get much further before he gives up at the end of the month. He's decided this method is not for him which makes me think he will not pursue anything more than e-mail with me.

My more promising match wants to talk on the phone which is something I'm ready for now. He is def. more positive and comfortable about this process so I'll know sooner than later if we have chemistry. He's only a little older than me so I'm sure we'll have more to talk about.

No comments: