Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Proof is in the Numbers

So single women aren't being over-dramatic about the lack of available men, so says Time Out New York.

I've been banging my head against my keyboard a lot less lately with regards to online dating. I'm now in semi-regular communication with three very different guys.

My latest pursuer has been the most eager to move into off-line communication so I gave into that but I have yet to get the proverbial first phone call. He's either really into me or wants to know sooner than later if we have any face to face chemistry.

My oldest and most reluctant match finally warmed up to me but hasn't asked to talk on the phone. His subscription expires this weekend so he might just disappear.

The match in between is closest to me in age and up until last week was very up front about his life. He went on a business trip last week, I wonder if he ever came back? That's morbid to think, I know.

I know I'm a hypocrite for saying to one of my guy friends that I never want to date a stranger again but really do I have a choice at this point in my life? The guys I've known the longest in my life are married or gay so that leaves me little choice but to put myself out there and run the reel of my life for who knows how many more guys I date.

I've already dated seven people in the last five years and learned a LOT about what I don't want. These relationships latest from three weeks to seven months. The one I wish had worked (and the one who my mother nags me about the most) would've been perfect at THIS point in my life but when he asked me out I was just out of college and didn't feel comfortable dating someone about ten years older than me.

While the whole process makes me feel jaded, I haven't completely lost hope of having another boyfriend before the end of the summer.

No comments: