Friday, July 11, 2014

Seafood Boil

Tonight, I was inspired to try my first seafood boil for two reasons: Jersey corn's in season and I had my parents over for our weekly family meal.
Mom and I are currently waiting for the guys to get home since this meal takes less than 15 minutes to... well, boil. I have a large stock pot on a rolling boil waiting to get started.
I prepped the following ingredients for my boil for 4:
8 small potatoes, cleaners and quartered
4 large ears of NJ corn, shucked, cleaned and cut into 3 inches pieces
2 links of lite polish kielbasa
1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined (save yourself some time and stinky hands and get the cleaned and peel frozen shrimp)
1/2 lb bay scallops (start cooking in a fry pan and add to the pot the last 5 minutes)
15-20 LI middleneck clams
3 tablespoons of Old Bay seasoning
6 cups of water (fill up a large stockpot 1/2 way)
1. Bring water to boil with Old Bay while prepping ingredients
2. When water comes to a boil, add the potatoes
3. After 5 minutes add corn, clams, shrimp
4. For last 5 minutes add scallops, kielbasa
5. Drain water and serve boil on a large cookie sheet if eating indoors or on the table lined with newspaper or butcher paper if eating outdoors.

No comments: