Monday, January 28, 2008

I Left My Heart in NYC

While I never want to actually live there, I'm still not over my job moving out of the city a year and a half ago. I miss the smells, sounds, crowds, and just the energy that keeps the city going. There was a whole list of things I wanted to do in the city that I never got around to doing: Go to Central Park after work, Go to a show after work for example. On the other hand, there were so many things I hadn't planned that I will never forget:
  1. Going to MoMA during the "Free on Fridays"
  2. Going to the House of Brews after Work
  3. Eating way to much at a German Beer Garden in Hell's Kitchen
  4. Having a birthday dinner at a Cuban Restaurant
  5. Having a weird first date at a Cafe featured in "In Good Company"
  6. Having a sweet first date at Bryant Park
  7. Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge in the winter
  8. Finding Christmas presents at Jack's
  9. Worshiping at NY Journey in the Manhattan Ballroom on Sundays
  10. Going to Zabar's during my lunch break

I wasn't exactly thinking of all those things when I was out with my date on Friday night. We had been in Edgewater for dinner and a movie and I was pretty sure we were close to this neighborhood in Weehawken that has a fantastic view of the city skyline. As I had been the whole night, my babbling self said " I think there's a great view of the city on a street around here." He didn't say anything but just found his way over there and pulled over. It was past midnight and freezing winter weather but I didn't care.

We haven't been spending a lot of time together and he's not exactly an overtly affectionate person, so I would've been very surprised if he'd finally use this moment to do anything. He just stood there and shot a video on his cell phone (which I have to upload if only I had more software to do it errgh). I thought that maybe I'd at least try and hold his hand but I wasn't getting any sort of green light on this move, so I just kept it to myself. But oh would that have been a perfect first kiss moment, in the chick flick paradigm that I clearly will never live in.

No comments: